I know I am way behind in updating. I have started six or seven drafts, but then abandon them because I can’t seem to express what I want to. So, I am simply going to “bullet-point” the past couple of months to bring everyone up-to-date.
- End of February-we left Arizona and moved to Roach, Missouri, where my parents graciously opened their home to us.
- March-Chris started job-hunting in Indiana and Missouri. While looking for full-time work, he was able to work through a temp agency. We enrolled the boys in the Camdenton school district.
- April-Chris continued his job search, even looking briefly at Kentucky and Tennessee. The boys were doing great in school-which was a huge answer to prayer for us. At the end of the month, he was hired by a pest-control company and started a full-time, permanent job.
- May 1-we signed a lease for our own apartment and spent the weekend moving in. Chris’ job was going great. His boss was purchasing his truck and they were talking about having him supervise and train the other technicians.
- May 5-It was a Monday afternoon when Chris came home and told me that his boss had let him go. When Chris asked why, the boss refused to tell him. We suspect it was because of concerns Chris had expressed regarding illegal chemical applications.
- May 6-God had definitely given Chris a “peace that surpasses all understanding”. He was confident of God’s plans and His provisions for us. (I on the other hand was having a panic attack)
- the rest of May-God really did a work in my heart regarding WHO He is and HOW MUCH He loves me. He has promised to always meet our needs, and over and over during that month, He proved Himself true.
- June-lots of family celebrations and time with my parents. Chris was working part-time and enjoying his job. He continued searching hard for full-time employment. Alex and William both started working at McDonalds. The boys had a couple of friends from Wisconsin come and spend some time with us, so that was so very nice (for all of us). The end of the month started time with Michaela and time with my siblings.
- July-Having exhausted every possible job lead that he found, Chris (on what we thought was a whim, but now believe to be the prompting of the Holy Spirit) applied for a few jobs in Wisconsin. During that second week of July, he had a phone interview with someone from Johnsonville Sausage, which is located in Sheboygan Falls.
- July 18-Chris had a face to face interview at Johnsonville. A few days after returning to Missouri, he was offered a 2nd shift, full-time position. The cool thing about asking God to lead us by opening and closing doors is that you can trust that He will. It was very clear to us that we were to move back to Sheboygan.
- So starts another packing and house-hunting frenzy. His start date was supposed to be August 1, so we had about 9 days to pack up. God led us to a home that sounded perfect for us. (That is a story that I will tell another time!!) I was excited to be closer to Michaela, to my sister and her family, and all our other dear friends, but it was so very hard thinking about leaving my parents. I did a lot of crying during that time. We spent our mornings packing and our afternoons and/or evenings spending time with my parents. It was a bittersweet time for me.
- July 29-we U-hauled it up to Sheboygan and were overwhelmed by the love and support of dear friends who came to help us unload, unpack and get settled. A HUGE welcome back hug!!
- August-Chris found out he didn’t start until that first Monday in August, so I loved that he was able to help with the unpacking. I was eager to be settled, so the process has gone pretty quickly. There were a few testing times during this period, but we were reminded that whatever God’s plan for us, His plans for us were only for our good and His glory. And we could trust in that!
- Today, August 27th-Chris is really liking his job and the company he works for. We are getting used to different schedules and the way it affects our family dynamics. The boys are registered for school (though dreading the actual start date) and Alex is already practicing with the cross-country team. All the boys have been reconnecting with childhood friends, and I think that has been very healing for their hearts. Chris and I are waiting on God to show us His reasons for bringing us back to Sheboygan, and just living each day for whatever He brings our way.
This is just a quick overview of the past few months. It is pretty much devoid of all the emotions that went with all these changes. I am still working on processing those! But now you know where we are and how we got here!