Lately, I’ve been thinking lots about over-commitment and priorities-the difference between the ministries that You have intended for me and the opportunities that I take upon myself. I’ve been feeling that “I am so busy that I run out of energy long before the day is over.” (the Worn Out Woman) Lord, how do I take care not to take get over-involved in ministry?
For the month of February, I am putting myself on a “scheduling fast”. No putting anything on the schedule for a whole month. And at the end of February, before I add something to my calendar, I will prayerfully think through these five questions.
- How does this fit in with my priorities?
- Do I have the time, energy and resources to carry through with this project?
- How will this commitment affect those I love?
- What does my family think about me talking on another commitment?
- Can someone else do the job better than I could?