September 19, 2001
We were challenged to record the date, and where we want to be one and 10 years from now, as a woman after God’s own heart.
One year from now, I want to see growth in these three areas of my life.
- patience-I used to think I was a patient person-I am not. I want to be patient with my children!
- loving-I not only want to be more loving with husband and children, but also to my family and friends.
- disciplined-I need to be more disciplined in housework, child discipline (follow through and consistency), exercise. I believe that self-discipline is crucial to being a woman after God’s own heart and it is something that I desire to have as a deep, significant part of my life.
In 10 years, I hope to see these things being a part of my life as a woman after God’s own heart.
- I hope that eventually, some day, I will be a gracious woman who can encourage younger women to have a heart like His.
- In 10 years, I will have a 16.5yr old, almost 15yr old, 13.5yr old, almost 12yr old and a 10.5yr old. I am hopeful that we will still be homeschooling.
- I think it is easier for me to think about what I don’t want to be. I don’t want to be a disorganized, harried mother who is running around in a state of “chaos” all the time. I want to be a woman who enjoys her children, who is relaxed and at peace with life.